Loving Life

Monday, December 04, 2006

Update on "Devil Eye"

So I go to the doctor (family practioner) this morning & they say my eye is fine. Just a broken blood vessel that will take time to heal. The PA said, "I talked to the Dr. & he thinks you shouldn't worry". They tell me to come back in two weeks if my eye isn't any better. ($20 co-pay)

I left there feeling uneasy/unsatisfied, so I went to my optomistrist. He did a more thorough exam and said that this was a brand new broken blood vessel (forget the name of it) and that it is not normal to have so many. I've had four in the past year, but this, by far is the worse. He says I should put cold compresses alternated by hot compresses on my eye for 15 minutes a day. He also said I should go back to my Dr. for blood work. Oh yeah....there is no need to go back for a follow up in two weeks & that in a case as bad as mine (worse he has seen), it could take 6 weeks to heal. ($35.00 for visit)

I went back to my Dr. & explained what the Optomistrist said....now I'm back at work awaiting a call for blood work.

Guess now that I'm 40, my body is falling apart. I will not post pics because it looks that BAD!!!

Man.......this sucks big nuts!!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger yezenia said…

    Girl, for 40 you look good so don't trip. I'm only 29 and I think I'm literally falling apart. Now that it's getting cold my arm that I broke when i was a kid is HURTING like a mofo. And the other day I did a mean belly stretch while at the ATM and it hurt so bad I seriously thought I'd detached my abdominal muscles. I should probably do a sit up or two.

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger monica said…

    I guess you are falling apart, you old fart. hehehehe

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch, so sorry to hear about your eye...good thing you listened to your instincts and went to the eye guy. Hope it heals for you SOON!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HOLA NORMA!!! How are you doing!
    So you say your falling apart at 40 already. I thought 40 was the new 30's so you can't fall apart just yet!! Heck I'm right behind you either way!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home